Whoa. It’s been a full year since Hilary last posted and well over a year since I last posted. And that’s all I have to say on this matter. Let’s get to this cake!
Cornmeal. Ricotta. Strawberry. Blackberry. Blueberry. Cake. Delicious and adapted from this King Arthur recipe.
You will need:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh berries – I used a mixture of strawberries (cut into chunks), blueberries and blackberries
- powdered sugar for dusting
You will need to:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8″ cake pan with butter. Line the bottom with parchment paper and grease that as well. Dust with flour (tap out excess flour).
- Sift or whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar at medium speed til light and fluffy, a couple minutes. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Add ricotta and zests and beat for about 1 more minute. Stir in flour mixture until just combined (don’t over mix! jeeze).
- Fold in berries.
- Pour batter into cake pan and smooth top. Bake until toothpick inserted come out clean. About 45-60 minutes.
- Cool in cake pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack and let cool completely. Cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar and eat up. Super cool.