Alright. I'm really not the biggest fan of roasted pumpkin seeds. That's probably because I could never figure out how to get them crunchy so they would just get stuck in my teeth and I would hate everything. Well, guess what, if you don't drench them in oil (something I would do) and bake them on a lower temp for a long time, they'll be crunchy! So, use those seeds from your pumpkin that you decided was a good idea to buy, and roast 'em up! These cinnamon sugar seeds are soooo addictive and make you feel all cozy and ready for the holiday season. Take the advice of my brother- serve them with rum spiked apple cider. You'll really, really wish you had hot apple cider, so, do yourself a favor and go get some already!
1.5 cups pumpkin seeds
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 heaping teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
Dash of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Mix butter, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl
- Place pumpkin seeds in a larger bowl and pour butter mixture over seeds. Mix up until well coated.
- Spread seeds into single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the seeds are hot out of the oven, sprinkle sugar and nutmeg on top. Mix around to coat. I also sprinkle a liiiiiitle bit more cinnamon just because I love cinnamon.
- Cool completely and devour all of them alone.