Delicata squash not only sounds super fancy, which is a plus, but it's also versatile and so easy to make very delicious. ALSO, it has a thinner (and edible!) skin than most squash varieties, so the threat of losing a finger while cutting is much less dire than with, say, a butternut squash. Hooray for having ten fingers to polish!
1 delicata squash
1 /4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons of dried thyme
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive or grapeseed oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with tin foil or a silpat.
3. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
4. Slice each half into about 1/4 inch slices and toss into a bowl.
5. Drizzle the oil onto the slices and shuffle them around until coated.
6. Place the squash evenly on the baking sheet, and sprinkle the herbs and parm over it.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes, and the edges are brownish. You're fancy now!