I have no comment on how long it’s been since I’ve contributed… so let’s get to this mulled apple cider! Not only is mulling cider easy, it also makes your home smell amazing and it’s just cozy. Add a little whiskey to your cup and voila, party cider.
I made my cider with added pear and apple slices, but if you really hate both of those then don’t add them. Do whatever you want! Add cranberries for all I care! I DON’T CARE.
- 2 quarts unfiltered apple juice
- 1/4 of a pear, sliced
- 1/2 of a small apple, sliced
- tangerine peel, half or whole tangerine
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- **optional/suggestions for additions: cranberries, orange slices, persimmons**
Place all ingredients in a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for about an hour. Ladle up and enjoy!