When you step out of a plane after a whirlwind weekend in the sun, full of friend and family visits, into weather not unlike your fan-less bathroom after a long shower (plus rain), you’re not gonna be in a good place. And not just because you’re now in an airport. Luckily, there are remedies for this feeling.
My parents got these ridiculous organic strawberries that are almost blindingly bright, so we decided to annihilate them, along with some fresh basil, and turn them into a boozy spritzer! This would be perfect to serve up at your 4th of July gathering, or to cure your rainy day just-returned-from-vacation blues.
For one glass, you will need:
- 4-5 strawberries, with leafy greens cut off
- 3 big basil leaves
- 1.5 oz of vodka
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- Club soda
- In a bowl, muddle sliced strawberries and roughly chopped basil.
- Swirl in vodka and lemon juice.
- Scoop/pour mixture into a large glass filled with ice.
- Top off with seltzer water, sweeten to taste, stir and enjoy!