[Sweeping statement along the lines of, “Who doesn’t like peanut butter and chocolate, am I right?!” Blah blah blah perfect combo.] It’s true, though. YUM. Which brings us to peanut butter, chocolate AND strawberry jam. It’s like a PB & J sandwich minus the bread, plus chocolate!
These are just perfect for the toasty, beautiful days we’ve been having here in the Seattle area. I’ve been keeping them in the freezer, which makes for a fudgecicle-esque treat. I won’t lie to you, I may also be keeping them in the freezer because they were sort of a hot, melty mess after ten minutes in the sun.
They are so simple to make, only requiring five ingredients and several trips to the freezer. I recommend you press play on this little tune here and twirl around a bit between steps.
Makes about 20 cups
- 2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter of your choice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup jam of your choosing (I used strawberry.)
- Miniature cupcake liners
- Melt one cup of chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals (stirring between them) until smooth. This should be about a minute and a half.
- Stir in one tablespoon of coconut oil into melted chocolate to thin it out a bit.
- Spoon melted chocolate mixture into the bottoms of the cupcake liners, filling them up about a quarter of the way. Place cups on a tray and put them in the freezer until frozen – about 15 minutes.
- While cups are freezing, mix together peanut butter and powdered sugar. Remove cups from the freezer and spoon a dollop of peanut butter into each one, spreading to the edge of the liner with a small spoon. Then spoon a small dollop of jam into the center of each one. Return to the freezer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Melt remaining cup of chocolate chips and cream with remaining coconut oil. Retrieve cups from the freezer and spoon the last chocolate layer onto the cups, smoothing chocolate to the edges of the liner.
- Return cups to the freezer for a final time, until all layers are solid – another 15 minutes.
- Store cups in the freezer, removing as needed. ENJOY!