This breakfast goodness was inspired by a deconstructed hash (that really sounds so unappetizing.) I had at good ol’ Skillet. It’s genius, really, and so easy. It’s especially easy when you’re a sweet potato hoarder and always have a fridge fully stocked with baked ones. One day I will succeed in frying an egg like a pro, with its yolk intact, but for now, egg pancake it is!
- 1 baked sweet potato
- 1 cup raw kale
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- Cook onions in olive oil over low heat in a pan until translucent.
- Toss in sweet potato chunks, increase flame to medium heat, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add kale and cook until it’s just beginning to wilt.
- Season with lemon pepper blend (or whatever you want), salt and pepper.
- Fry the egg, plop it on top, and voila!