This is the perfect solution to the my-entire-fruit-bowl-is-full-of-mealy-apples dilemma. When life gives you mealy apples, make applesauce! What does that word mean, anyway? MEAL-y. How many times can I use the word ‘mealy’ in this paragraph?
- 8 large apples of any variety (I used 3 granny smith, 3 gala and 2 fuji!)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
Makes around 6 servings.
- Wash, core, and chop the apples. You can peel them if you’d like, but I kept the skins on.
- Toss all of the ingredients into the Crock-Pot and stir so that the cinnamon and sugar are distributed evenly.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-7, stirring periodically.
- Chill for about an hour, then serve!