You know when you’re making a recipe using a flour that you’ve never really used before and you’re convinced that once you put the cookies in the oven, they’re going to spread into one giant disaster-cookie? So you get really cranky and annoyed but then they end up turning out totally normal and prove that brown rice flour may not be as scary as you thought? No? Oh.
Well on that note, these are gluten and (almost- if it weren’t for the cinnamon chips) dairy free, but you’d never know! I’ve wanted to try Hershey’s Cinnamon Baking Chips for quite some time, and we finally found each other! The touch of cinnamon in these is perfect for the holiday season.
This recipe is adapted from this one on the Hershey’s website.
Cinnamon Chip Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- 1 cup Earth Balance or butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 2/3 cups Hershey’s Cinnamon Baking Chips
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in oats, cinnamon chips and pecans. Drop by heaping teaspoons unto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are light brown. Cool for a minute before transferring to a wire rack.
- Hide from any chubby, perma-hungry dogs in your household.