I’ve hit a wall with my overnight oats. Something has happened and it’s no longer appealing. I think said ‘thing’ is that I’ve run out of fun toppings, and am, therefore, left with a bowl ‘o’ blah. I also think it is a sign that recently this recipe has repeatedly shown up on Pinterest.
So last night I gave them a go! And they’re almost gone. It’s been less than 24 hours. Oops. (Update: They’re gone.)
Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Vegan & gluten-free!)
3 very ripe bananas
2 cups oats (the original recipe calls for quick-cooking oats, but I used GF rolled oats.)
1/3 cup applesauce
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Small handful of semi-sweet chocolate chunks. Don’t judge. (Substitute with non-dairy alternative if you’re making them vegan.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Let mixture stand for about 5 minutes to allow the oats to soak in some of the liquid.
4. Place spoonfuls of dough onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. Let cool and store in a sealed container until morning!
And here is your weekly fluff! This is Bailey, the sweet pup of Sonja, who has an awesome blog!
Have a lovely weekend!