Salad dressing is so easy to make and most of the ingredients for this one you’ll find in your cupboard. I get lazy and don’t want to make dressing every time I have a salad, so yeah, I have some store bought in the fridge. I’m only human! But my inner salad eater wants to make this dressing all the time. My mom makes the dressing almost every time I’m over and received the recipe from a friend, and it is incredibly addicting. It’s perfect for summer; nice and light, but has so much flavor.
I tossed the dressing with a simple garbanzo bean salad. Just garbanzo beans, mini tomatoes, and a couple handfuls of lightly sauted kale. Really, this dressing goes great with almost everything: green salad, pasta, dip for bread, or just your finger.
Ingredients – makes about 1/4 cup of dressing (perfect for one large salad)
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of olive oil (extra virgin or light)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 – 3 garlic gloves, crushed ( 1 clove if you don’t want it too garlicky, 3 if you’re like me and loooove garlic)
- a couple dashes of tobasco or hot sauce
- black pepper to taste
In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients together. That’s it! Make double or triple the recipe in a jar and store in the refrigerator for all of your salad consumption needs. Enjoy!