You know that FRIENDS episode where Phoebe tells Monica that her grandmother’s cookie recipe was destroyed when her apartment caught fire? So Monica has to use an ancient frozen cookie that Phoebe had kept to attempt to replicate the recipe? I’m hoping that I’ve given this recipe out to enough people so that if my recipe book ever burst into flames (G-d forbid), I wouldn’t be in such a crumby (get it?) situation. Or maybe I’ve just given it to one friend repeatedly… hi Anna :).
My freezer often becomes a burial ground for forgotten bananas and this is a perfect use for them!
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine – you can sub half of this with applesauce for a lower fat & more moist bread!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream bananas, butter, sugar, egg and vanilla
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt on top of the batter and mix in, then add chocolate chips.
- Lastly, add flour into the mix one half cup at a time until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean!