I’m so excited to share this with you all! (That was me pretending we have a regular fan base that awaits our newest posts with bated breath.) But anywho, I’m excited to share this with you. Especially those of you who avoid gluten! Because here we have a really yummy/easy to make/actually is in the shape of pizza/can be sliced and served normally without having to eat with a fork off of the baking sheet, gluten-free pizza crust!
I found this gem of a recipe here!
To get started, all you need is:
- 2 cups almond meal/flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (we used an Italian mix of mozzarella, parm, and some others that I’m forgetting)
- Toppings of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all crust ingredients and mix.
- On the counter, place a sheet of parchment paper. I wouldn’t recommend using foil or any other substitute, as the dough does get extremely sticky.
- Attempt to form a ball out of the dough and plop it onto the parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top and begin to roll out to desired thickness. I think ours was probably a 1/2 inch thick.
- Freak out when dough is not in a circular shape. After Alexi explains that it doesn’t matter, trick her into reshaping it and “just removing these 4 corners……..” until it is an actual circle.
- Transfer bottom sheet with crust onto baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes- until edges are brown. (We/I accidentally didn’t do this and it turned out fine, but the center of the crust would have probably been less soft had we done it.)
- Remove crust from the oven and add all desired toppings. We used tomatoes, mushrooms and basil!
- Place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes until slight bubbling occurs and the cheese is melted!
- Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!