There is nothing gross about these cookies, whatsoever. Using Seattle Chocolates’ Birthday Cake Batter Truffle Bar and a simple shortbread cookie recipe, you can easily make these, too!
To do so, you will need:
-1 egg yolk
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 pinch salt
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2 Cake Batter Truffle Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. With an electric mixer (standing or hand), cream butter, sugar, and egg yolk together until fluffy.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until just combined. (If the mixture is too gooey to form into balls, refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Or if you’re impatient like me, stick it in the freezer for 15.)
4. Roll the dough into 2 inch balls and place on foiled baking sheet. Press the centers down with your thumb and place a truffle chunk in the indent.
5. Sprinkle and bake for 12ish minutes!
6. Transfer to wire cooling rack after 3 minutes and let cool before stuffing your face.
Makes around a dozen cookies, so you should probably double the recipe. Just saying.
Yay! Happy birthday, cookies!