These are adorable, delicious and addictive. They’re also ridiculously easy to make and customize!
You may or may not be interested to know that these are a rebound recipe for me after I had a traumatic gluten-free madeleine experience this past Thursday. I’m not confident enough yet in your confidence in me to post proof of the catastrophe, but I can assure you that they were a flop.
Spinach and Onion Mini Frittatas
Adapted from Martha Stewert.
– 8 eggs
– 1/2 an onion, diced
– 2 cups frozen spinach, or 4 cups fresh spinach
– 2 tsp seasoning salt
– 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
– 1/2 cup finely grated cheese
– 2 cups sour cream
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray mini muffin sheet with cooking spray.
2. Dice onion. Microwave spinach for 30ish seconds, or long enough so that you’re able to squeeze out as much water as possible in a colander. If you’re using fresh spinach, coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and cook spinach for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper and put aside.
4. In a small mixing bowl, toss together spinach and onions. Arrange small spoonfuls of the mixture in the muffin tin. Ladle egg mixture into muffin tin to the top and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Transfer to oven, and bake until frittatas are set, 8 to 10 minutes.
Serve warm with a little sour cream!
These are also great with zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers and chives. Next time, I’m thinking huevos rancheros- style with black beans, tomatoes, and guacamole!
Invite some friends over for breakfast to enjoy these little guys, or, you know, don’t.